Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yes I'll have dessert!

It's always so tough to find a dessert that is "okay" to eat. I normally just skip it anyway because I feel like if I have it I'm cheating. But really sometimes you just want dessert and you should have it. If you eliminate everything you used to love, a diet WILL NOT work. So I created this pie recipe that is super easy to make and you know what? Now I have dessert*! This pie is just delicious! And I don't feel that bad eating it. 


*in moderation of course ;)



Ingredients(makes 8 servings)
-1 jar apple pie filling
-1 whole wheat frozen pie crust(Whole Foods 365 brand)
-1/4 cup quick cooking oats
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour

-1/4 cup brown sugar(unpacked)

-2 TBS Earth Balance butter(organic)

 
 
Directions
1. Thaw frozen pie crust for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat over 375(place cookie sheet on lower rack)
3. Put pie filling into thawed pie crust
 
 4. In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar,oats and flour. Mix in butter with a fork just until the topping is crumbly. Spoon topping onto your pie just before baking.
 
 5. Place on top of cookie sheet in oven and Bake for approx. 1 hour(until filling starts to bubble)


 6. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving
6 PP per serving, makes 8 servings
I also added 4 TBS whipped cream for an additional 1 point :)


Notes
 -Sometimes I add 1 TBS of water if the crumble mix looks too dry
-I use 5 Acre Farms Pie Filling & Topping from Whole Foods, there
are less calories, fat, carbs, and sugar, plus it's all natural
*if you were to use another brand the points value will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment