Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sundried Tomato Chicken recipe

Here's the recipe with only 8 PP per serving and 3! of your daily veggies that I said I'd post a few days ago:

Ingredients(makes 1 serving)
-4 oz. Trader Joe's sun dried tomato chicken breast(they're small like tenders)(4 PP)
-1 spray cooking spray(0 PP)
-1 tsp olive oil(1 PP)
-1/2 C brown rice(3 PP, PF)
-1 cup frozen broccoli(0 PP, PF)
-1 C fresh button mushrooms, cut in quaters(0 PP, PF)
-1 C fresh baby spinach(0 PP, PF)

Directions
1. Cook brown rice using instructions given on box/bag. I don't use "quick" cooking rice, mine takes about 25 minutes to cook so I do this first then prep my other items and start cooking those when there is 15 minute left on the rice. I also don't use any butter or oil in my rice.
2.Heat up pan using med-high heat(I use a grill pan) and spray with 1 spray cooking spray
3. Put chicken in pan and cook on each side about 5 minutes
4. In a pot with a steaming basket I cook my frozen broccoli for about 10 minutes on medium
5.While chicken is cooking I add 1 tsp of olive oil to a smaller pan and add my mushrooms
6.Cook mushrooms for 3 minutes then add spinach and cook until spinach is just wilted(about 4 minutes)
7. All your ingredients, veggies, rice, and chicken should be done with a few minutes of each other.
8. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment