Monday, January 17, 2011

The First Weigh In (written 1/12/11)

My WW meetings will normally be Wednesday mornings but we were expecting(and got) a huge snowstorm so I went last night for my first weigh in! I think everyone had the same idea because it was packed. I actually had to sit and wait before I could weigh in. About 15 minutes into the meeting it was my turn to go. And...

I lost! Yes! 2.6lbs! I'm not surprised I lost weight I worked very hard and followed my plan. It's really not a hard thing to do. I'm having a hard time even meeting my Points Plus allowed. It's amazing how eating lots more veggies really does fill you up! On to Week 2 I go!

I wanted to share a recipe I created that is only 8 Points Plus per serving, has 2 of your daily servings of veggies. And it is delicious!

One serving. It sure was a lot of food and filled me up!

Ingredients
-8 oz. bay scallops(6 PP, PF*)
-1/4 C brown rice(1 PP, PF)
-1 tsp olive oil(1 PP)
-1 tsp brown sugar(0 PP)
-1 tsp McCormick Kickin' Chicken seasoning(0 PP)
-1/2 tsp creole seasoning(0 PP)
-1 C frozen broccoli(0 PP, PF)
-1 C fresh red peppers, cut into strips(0 PP, PF)

Directions
1.Put uncooked rice into microwave safe container, add 1 C water, microwave for 8 minutes
2.While rice cooks, rinse off scallops and put in small bowl, add olive oil, brown sugar, Kickin' Chicken seasoning and creole seasoning. Mix until scallops are coated
3.Heat frying pan over med. high heat for a few minutes then add scallop mixture
4.Cook scallops for 4 minutes on 1 side then flip over. Add frozen broccoli and cover pan
5.When the timer goes off for the rice, take rice and add to scallops and broccoli, then add peppers
6.Stir all ingredients together, add 1/4 C water(this will create a little bit of sauce) cover again and cook for another 3 minutes. 
7. ENJOY!

*PP-Points Plus values, PF-Power Food)

No comments:

Post a Comment