Monday, January 17, 2011

Now or Never(written 1/10/11)

Okay this may sound cliché but this year I WILL lose the weight! A little about me? My name is Danielle, I'm a wife and momma to 2 beautiful little girls 4.5 years and 20 months. I have struggled with my weight ever since my oldest daughter was 2(around baby #2). For some reason(like most moms) I guess I just gave up and was "too busy" to take care of myself. Not an excuse I know but it's really the truth. Well 2.5 years and 1 more baby later here I am at my highest weight ever (I will insert LBS when I reach a certain point in my weight loss, I just need to feel a little bit more comfortable sharing :)! I can't even believe it is possible. I do not feel obese, even though my BMI says I am. I don't think I look like I'm really as heavy as the scale says, but I must be, the scales don't lie.

It's time to make a change, but what? My family and I eat very well. We don't consume food with additives, preservatives, etc. And I try to make the healthiest meals possible. I think the problem is my lack of exercise and putting others before myself. Like I said I am a mom and wife, but I can no longer eat the kids leftovers instead of a balanced lunch, no more eating after the kids go to bed and I need to get back into the gym!
 
THE PLAN?!

I joined WW on 1/5 and headed back to the gym on 1/7. So far so good! I'm motivated and am going to do it! I set myself a not so tough goal of 5lbs a month. If I can lose more a month then great if not I'll be happy with 5lbs a month. In one year *I AM* going to lose a min of 60lbs!

I'm excited to share the hurdles I will face, the tears I will most likely shed and the laughter I will most definitely have on this journey in my life.

Now I know you'd like some pics so here they are!

 This is from June 2010 


 This is from September 2010-somehow I always manage to be behind someone in pictures :)


Finally the most recent, from 1/9/11 teaching my daughter to ice skate. Do I really weigh (LBS)?!

And now the journey begins!

*comments and encouragement are greatly appreciated*

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I love the title of your blog. We've all said it! Hah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam! Please feel free to "follow" me :)

    ReplyDelete